Here are some New Year’s Resolutions. Some are eerily similar to a talk I gave on product culture. Others not so much.
- Lead with a vision of human awesomeness
- Build small diverse teams
- Focus on outcomes over output
- Learn and improve continuously
- Learn by traveling. When I went to New Zealand this year, I learned much, including to drink long black coffee.
I’ve been working with teams around the globe and cross-pollinating ideas among them. We’re all in the same struggle to build our product culture. This year, let’s learn from each other. Discuss.
Over the next few weeks I’ll be traveling, working with organizations on several continents on their product culture. Ping me if you’d like to discuss a workshop for your company — or just chat about product culture over a local beer.
Week of Jan 20: Amsterdam
Week of Jan 27: Washington DC
Weeks of Feb 3 and 10: Auckland, NZ